Posted on January 3, 2022 • 2 minutes • 260 words
The holidays started out really badly but did get better.
Hope you like Tam’s photozine. I set it as kind of a challenge for us and something that had some structure around it. To give you an idea of how much work went into it
- 9 rolls of film
- about 6 hours to process the film
- about 12 hours to scan the pictures
- about 3 days to select the pictures and put them together in the photozine
- at least 50 cups of tea, a dozen cookies, fish and chips, burgers and countless other snacks
- a half dozen day saver Metro tickets
- over 70 miles of walking with a heavy camera bag (my job for some reason)
- dozens of hacky looks from Tam for using “Tams cameras” to snap a picture of him
His patience in developing the films is a sight to behold. He has to watch the stop watch and gently shake the film canisters every minute for 10 seconds and each film requires 5 different steps. Scanning is done one strip at a time and needs a dozen steps to line up the frames with the photos and then scan them into the right folders. Tam did over 90% of all of this work. He was sitting at the computer with headphones on shouting of me every 15 minutes to change the film strip and then off he went, busy, focussed and happy.
Bev would have been so proud of the effort and work that he has put into it.
Click the link above to down it.